ADS

ADS
CLICK THE LINK FOR MORE INFO

COZA Senior Pastor, Biodun Fatoyinbo reacts to rape accusation by Busola Dakolo



Following the revelation by wife to popular singer and celebrity photographer, Busola Dakolo in aninterview published by Y!TV on Friday, accusing the Founder and Senior Pastor of the Commonwealth of Zion Assembly (COZA), Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo of sexually abusing her on multiple occasions as a teen in his then ‘Divine Delight Club,’ the leadership of the church has reacted to the development.
In a statement issued by the church authority and signed personally by Pastor Fatoyinbo, he dismissed Busola’s accusations as contained in the 4-part video interview as false, fallacious and non-existent; insisting that he has never in his lifetime raped anyone even as unbeliever.
According to the release; a copy of which was shared on his verified Instagram account, although he admitted that her family attended the church during the early start of the church in Illorin in 1999, Pastor Fatoyinbo denies ever having “private interaction with her beyond his pastoral duties,” stressing that the use of social media to confront him with the allegations was with the intent of ruining his reputation and bringing down the church.
Having been serially accused of rape in the past, including by a certain Ese Walter-Ark, the COZA founder said he was forced to issue a response to Friday’s viral interview since there was a direct mention of himself and the church unlike previous allegations were “innuendos” were used.
“Prior to now, we had adhered to our policy of ignoring rumours from social media accounts as we knew that several statements had been made to extort the church of money and myself through blackmail, harassment and intimidation. We have refused time and again to accede to their request, which has infuriated them overtime, because of this they have gotten more aggressive,” he said
Unlike previous statements where innuendos were used and there was no direct mention of myself or the Church, the recent video released on YouTube by Busola Dakolo which are fallacious, non-existent and which are denied in every measure. As an individual and as a Church we love and support people, and we will never condone any form of abuse, rape, harassment or intimidation of anybody. I have never in my life raped anybody even as an unbeliever and I am absolutely innocent of this,” he added.

He also added that “the leadership of the Church have briefed their lawyers to commence Criminal and Civil actions against all individuals making such false allegations whether directly or by proxies” while urging members of COZA and those supporting God’s work to stay focused and prayerful, as the allegations are intended to attack and destroy the church.
“We will as a church pursue every measure within the ambits of the law to bring the culprits to justice. We have heard, and we will not be surprised to see more of such allegations by people who have been paid to continue in this line of blackmail, harassment and extortion including those who may have been dismissed from their duties in the church on disciplinary grounds.”

Post a Comment

0 Comments